Friday, May 30, 2008

Finally A Chance to Do Something For The Challenge

Hola!
I finally gave myself about an hour to do something for this challenge. I went in the direction a water fairy. I guess they call those sprites but you can kinda see where I'm going here. Had to start with what a water fairy would look like...and what you see really has nothing to do with something that would spend its life aquatically. I broke out my colored pencils-I haven't used these in years-it's like catching up with a good friend you haven't seen in a long long time. this was a very fun diversion from the grind. Speaking of which, all of my classes except one were canceled this semester due to low school enrollment. A major damper on the joy I find in teaching, so I guess it's time to pull out and go on to other pastures. More thoughts on that later. Meanwhile, I am still going to work on this idea so stay tuned. I always find cool stuff around me to look at. Here is my buddy Josh's contribution to this challenge. Neato, yes? No Poprocks or Sharks or anything but still very nice.
I'll have my "judges" look over the examples of greatness and get back to you with a cup o' coffee winner. Or better yet, all of these are so great that I will happily get all of you guys a coffee. So come on down and let's go grab some caffeine on me!
I'm off to Monterey for the weekend, if you're around the area look around for me. Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Kyle Van Meurs said...

All your classes are canceled except one? That's terrible... :\ Sorry to hear that Jeff.

On a brighter note, cool Faeries!

Jeff Jackson said...

Yeah, oh well I guess it was coming with enrollment so low. Glad you like the fairies, wanna grab a cuppa'joe? You did do something for this challenge.
Hope you had a good weekend

Psy said...

I've been away, so I just saw the challenge...it's funny, because in my sketchbook I actually wrote "remember, fairies taste like poprocks." So I might have to try this if I get time between projects.

Don't know if you'll get this in time either, but I won't be able to meet with you before class on Monday, though I will be there after, if that's okay.

Jeff Jackson said...

I didn't but I did see you but I had to leave, after class is time to race off and retrieve the fam. Before class is best. Swing by, say hi, and if you're taking orders, I'll have regular 16 with no onions please.
Nice to see you leave a comment, Jessica.

Anonymous said...

Yeah a coffee sounds good to me. Let me know when is good for you.

-Kyle (can't log in for some reason...)