Monday, March 12, 2012

Tangents

You know how I'm always on your case about tangents? I tell you to watch out for them, try not to use them because they are distracting and flatten out your image? Here are some examples taken (out of context from the internet -Sorry people whose photos these are). By not paying attention to tangents, you can end up with streetlight headgear or Big Ben coming out of your cranium...Or stuck to the shore with your rod fixed in space...There are thousands of examples even Vader Sez. So anyway I'm in a meeting with my publisher we are finishing up this Perceptions project and reviewing spot illustrations and she comes across the image below,

and hums and haws and finally says from a sideways glance, "I think these two are, uh, to close." I look down and suddenly realize I, too, have made a tangent. And a BAD one at that. Trying to keep a straight face, I say, "Oh. yeeees, they are bit close aren't they?" So what I'm trying to say here, people, is TANGENTS- watch out for them you never know where they are hiding but make every effort to find them, we all can make them.Note: no bears or cave men were harmed in the making of this post.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Bwahahahahaha!!! Awesome post Jeff, thanks for the reminder! XD

Jeff Jackson said...

No worries

Tina N. - TinofTuna said...

You are very funny and this is simply so true~ The caveman and bear image cracks me up~~~