Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Goodbye Ollie...


I am very sad to type that one of my heroes, Oliver Johnston, the last surviving member of Disney's nine old men died yesterday. I don’t know what else to say, some of my favorite animation moments were created by his hand. This is one guy whose name I demand my students to learn and know. At least it’s good to know that somewhere the amazing talent factory known as “Frank and Ollie” has be reunited.

Go watch some of their work. Or better yet watch Frank and Ollie.


Oliver Johnston

10.31.1912 - 4.14.08

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember watching that movie as a kid, and it was one of the things that inspired me to animate.

Think I'll go watch it again.

Jeff Jackson said...

A little schmaltzy but it's still a great documentary on two of the finest animators ever to walk the earth. The new DVD has some great extra features; interviews with Glen Keane and more. Check it out!
Thanks for stopping by.